Engaging fired up leaders who know who they are in Christ and are ready for the challenges of leading with integrity in society today and in the future. This is done by understanding and discussing Biblical Insight into Leadership principles and practices. There has only been one perfect role model for leadership. That only role model has been Jesus Christ.

I enjoy incorporating worship music into my blog posts. Some people enjoy listening while they read and others listen at the end.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Throw Gasoline on Fired Up Leader Life

Throw Gasoline on Fired Up Leader Life



Seven years ago while conducting my doctoral research study on college student faith development the Lord laid a burden on my heart; a desire to teach leadership in a biblical context.  I have always had a tendency to raise up and mentor the next generation of leaders.  I believe that this is the primary task of a leader is to raise up and mentor new leaders.  This is how I have found I fulfill the command to “Go and Make Disciples.” We need more leaders who have a foundation in biblical leadership principles and stand firm and are not tossed around by every passing fad and fancy.  Leaders develop leaders.


At the time the time the seed was planted it was not the right time to launch a teaching ministry.  There was still much I needed to learn. There was still more I needed to do.  The Lord began to put me in situations that would stretch my own leadership capacity.  He placed me in situations that would help me define who I was as a leader and my identity in Christ.  He placed me in situations that would prompt me to lean on His strength.  The Lord put me in places where I would need to take risks and be entrepreneurial. 

Two years ago my family relocated to Farmville, Virginia.  We joined a church that was like pouring Holy Spirit gasoline on the spark.  I met some great spiritual mentors and teachers.  In the last six months the Lord has given significant direction and guidance to launching this teaching ministry called: Fired Up Leader Life.  The mission of FULL is to develop Christ centered leaders who (1) know their identity in Christ; (2) allow God to develop every aspect of their person; (3) pray continuously; and (4) are led by the Holy Spirit.

God’s work done God’s way will never lack God’s resources – Hudson Taylor.  My prayers have been big prayers that God will align the resources necessary to carry out the mission of Fired Up Leader Life.  The vision is that events and programs will remain free so that they are open to the largest number of participants.  But in order to do this I need partners who are willing to offer financial gifts to support the work of the ministry.  Currently Fired Up Leader Life is a small flame but I have faith and trust that God will direct the right people to throw Spiritual gasoline and help Fired Up Leader Life spark the fire for Christ in the lives of many people.

To support the launch of Fired Up Leader Life please see the Go Fund Me link at:

Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."


For more information about Fired Up Leader Life please see the website at: www.firedupleaderlife.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment